1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my chick is dying please help please!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by zoeroxie, Dec 2, 2014.

1. zoeroxie

zoeroxie New Egg

Dec 2, 2014
    [​IMG]
    he is not eating not even drinking for 3 days.. when i dip his beak he start moving his beak like he don't want to eat or drink..[​IMG]
    i bought these two 2 days ago but now only 1 is doing okay white one is suffering alot don't know the reason.. please help someone!!

2. chickenstar

chickenstar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2014
    Hi, I am asuming you are feeding them a chick starter with amprol in it? , first thing I whould do is put your chicks on amprol (corid) treatment to be safe, then I whould waite and see for about two days and if there was no improvement I whould start them on a antibiotic (something broad spectrum) Does the white chick have any sighns of resperatory distress?, gasping for air, snezzing or watery looking eyes?

3. chickenstar

May 8, 2014
    Also you must force the white chick to drink or it will most likely die, get a syringe (without the needle on it) and slowly release a bit of water at a time on the side of its beak and waite till it swallows before you give more, do this every 15-20 min , make a warm mash of water with polyvisol (without iron) mixed with there chick feed and try to get your chick to eat this but get the amprol (corid) asap and start treatment right away ,keep me posted and good luck!

4. zoeroxie

zoeroxie New Egg

Dec 2, 2014
    yes!! but he can't even sit now.. he seems like he is taking his last breathe now..
    he start moving his head when i dip his beak in water.. he i snot eating anything. i don't know what to feed him. for me its seems like he is so weak but maybe idk whats wrong with him..

5. zoeroxie

zoeroxie New Egg

Dec 2, 2014
    errr... i am so panic right now i am trying to make him drink water , but i don't have syringe right now!!!

6. chickenstar

May 8, 2014
    Does he have watery eyes or any snezzing or gasping? It hard to say what's wrong but could be a bacterial infection of the intestinal tract or cocidiossis , is the chicks poop runny?

7. chickenstar

May 8, 2014
    Yes I can understand how you feel but you can't really get much water into your chick without a syringe, a drugstore should carry them and they also sell the polyvisol

8. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

I just posted on your other thread, didn't see this one. Do they have a heat lamp? What is the temp in the brooder? Chilled chicks will stop eating/drinking and basically shut down and die. Otherwise, if they are warm enough, you may simply have a chick that has failure to thrive for whatever reason. Is the other chick active? It looks like it's just sitting there as well.

9. chickenstar

May 8, 2014
    Hi could you please answer the questions? I'm wanting to help but I need more information?

10. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

X2. Appears to be offline now. Multiple threads and lots of people ready and willing to help....[​IMG]

I see no evidence of a heat lamp? Zoeroxie in post #4 you said you don't know what to feed him....did you have chick starter available for them to eat? I don't see a feeder in with them?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by