My chick isn't moving nearly as much as the others

Duckowner12345

In the Brooder
Nov 23, 2020
I've noticed the past few days that one of my chicks has been a lot less active, and has been shivering. I've seen a couple of posts saying to feed them egg but how do I do that if it won't eat?

Just hatched? A week old? Six weeks old? Three months old? Age would help to know.

Location?
We got them on the 24th last month, so 13 days in my care. I'm not sure how old they were when we bought them. Keeping them in our brooder.

Last edited:
If you provide a photo, we are able to tell you how old these chicks are. Age matters because the treatment may be different according to how old they are and what they are expected to be eating and how much.

Also, since they could be at minimum two weeks old, please tell us what they are being fed, including any treats. Are they being provided grit?

What is the exact behavior of this chick besides not moving as much as the others? Is it standing in one spot mostly? Is it silent or complaining loudly? What is its size compared to the others? Is it pooping? What do the poops look like?

Your location is necessary so we have an idea of climate which affects indoor temps as well as outdoor.

Where are these chicks being kept?

These questions are not meant to interrogate, but to provide clues so we can help you.

The initial clue of not moving as much as the others may count as a fourth of a clue.

Back
Top Bottom