My chick won’t sleep!

Chookie491

Hatching
Oct 5, 2020
I just had a new chick hatch and it won’t shut up. The chick keeps on climbing all over the other eggs and I think it trying to break the shell. The chick just peeps and peeps and peeps whether I’m there or not! It was born first and none others have hatched. The chicks still in the incubator, as she hasn’t dried off. It’s driving me nuts and I keep on thinking there is something wrong and getting worried it’s cheeping because it’s hurt. The chick did sleep when it was dark in the room so I covered the incubator in a blanket. Please tell me if you not what’s wrong.

When I first bought my chickens they were two days old and they freaked out every time I left the room. They just wanted to be with me all the time! It was kinda sweet but the outgrew it after a week or so.

its probably cold especially if the humidity is high and it wont dry out and theres a fan in there .. usually day old chicks do nothing but sleep if its cozy and warm .. you can take it out and put it in a brooder and have a spot in there its about 100 degrees .. he'll probably stretch out and zonk right out ...

I just had a new chick hatch and it won’t shut up. The chick keeps on climbing all over the other eggs and I think it trying to break the shell. The chick just peeps and peeps and peeps whether I’m there or not! It was born first and none others have hatched. The chicks still in the incubator, as she hasn’t dried off. It’s driving me nuts and I keep on thinking there is something wrong and getting worried it’s cheeping because it’s hurt. The chick did sleep when it was dark in the room so I covered the incubator in a blanket. Please tell me if you not what’s wrong.
Is it alone?
If so, you have your answer. Get it a few friends.

Back
Top Bottom