1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My chick wont poop!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Makaylas chick, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Makaylas chick

Makaylas chick New Egg

Apr 28, 2016
    So I have this chick she is only a couple days old, I don't know the breed. Anyways she was fine two days ago, but as of yesterday I noticed she was sleeping more then the others, and wasn't eating or drinking unless I made her. So I thought I should bring her inside to keep a closer eye on her, and I noticed she peed a little bit she hasn't pooped in 12 hours.
    I've tried putting her in warm water, and massaging it.... But I don't know how or where to massage her!
    I know it's not pasty butt, because she doesn't have poop coming out of her.
    I have gotten up every hour on the hour to make her drink lots of water and eat a little bit of food.
    In her water I put molasses, because I've heard it is a natural laxative, but still no poop
    She is breathing heavy and every now and then, she chirps
    I don't know what to do anymore can someone please help me???

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  3. brittyd

brittyd New Egg

Apr 23, 2016
    Finleyville, PA
    Did you check the baby for pasty butt? Mine had the same issue, look up images on this site or on google and see if its the issue. Do Not Pull It Out, you allow luke warm water run over the chicks bottom to soften the back up and it should loosen its self up. You can rub it to help it break off but not roughly!!

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hope the ER people will be able to help you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by