My chicken cookie has something in her crop she has been trying to get it out for 3 days what do i d

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by PipieTuke, Jul 6, 2016.

1. PipieTuke

PipieTuke Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2016
    My chicken cookie is the sweetest thing ever so I can't let her die of this she
    Got something in her throne or her crop. Please help[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There are pics

2. chickcrack

chickcrack Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    Is this the same chick that had a hair hanging out of her mouth a few days ago? Just looked at your other posts. I once pulled a long hair from the mouth of a banty chick and he started gasping for air and trying to clear something. I realized I must have pulled some food out of his crop as I withdrew the hair and I guessed that I blocked with wind pipe. After several attempts to get him to drink...turning him upside down...rubbing his throat I finally put a thin rubber hose down his throat like a feeding tube and aimed for the hole on the left as he was facing me. It was out of pure desperation but it worked. Also as I notice you feed your chicks only cracked corn are you providing them with chick grit? Like I replied yesterday the corn is not suitable feed for your chicks and you should get them proper food but if they have been eating corn they really need grit to process it or could be getting backed up and that may be what you are seeing with this little girl. Hope something here helps

3. PipieTuke

Jul 2, 2016
    Yea I give them grit but should I give her some more grit?

4. chickcrack

May 27, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    What exactly is she doing.? Stretching her neck? Coughing? Gasping? Is she drinking and eating normally? Pooping normally?

5. PipieTuke

Jul 2, 2016
    Yea I give them grit but should I give her some more grit?
    She is getting weaker by the secondand she is acting so tired and most of the time she is energetic and yes this is the same cookie that I pulled the hare out of

6. PipieTuke

Jul 2, 2016
    I'm just trying to do anything I hear of because she is my baby

7. chickcrack

May 27, 2016
    Ontario, Canada

Can you answer those questions above? Has this been happening since you pulled the hair out of her beak?

8. PipieTuke

Jul 2, 2016
    She I sent pooping much and she is makeing this wheezing noise and stretching and opening her mouth

9. PipieTuke

Jul 2, 2016
    She is eating if I put food in her mouth or it I put I infront of her and she is not drinking by herself so water her withi a dropper because she is still a chick

10. PipieTuke

Jul 2, 2016
    And it was hapening when the hare was there in his throne but not before the hare

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by