My Chicken Coop For Six Chickens

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by JP33, Nov 27, 2009.

1. JP33

JP33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Southeast, Louisiana
    Ok everyone, the coop is now done and the chickens are happy and content. The wife and I have really been enjoying them and have four of the six named already which is rather funny considering I didn't think any would get names.

We let them out in the morning and they are at it all day peckin' and scratchin' come late evening when they all go up the chicken gang plank and settle in for the night. Everything is working out perfectly and the birds seem very happy in their new environment.

Pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus/November272009?authkey=Gv1sRgCPWv75CCq_PorQE#

...JP

2. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

Just looked at your pics and noticed there is nothing in the window but fencing! THEN, looked at your location, wonderfully warm Louisiana. Right now with the wind chill it is 29*. I need insulation, windows, an occasional heat source. Your coop looks great, have fun!

3. JP33

JP33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Southeast, Louisiana
    We don't have much of a winter down here in the south, maybe one or two days all winter that may get near freezing. The right side of the coop is solid and is the rear, so there is some wind protection, I think it'll do just fine, can't wait to get eggs!

...JP

4. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Very nice. Wish it was warm here.

Imp

6. mightieskeeper

mightieskeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2009
    Clio Michigan
    I was happy today it was 40 and it has not snowed yet. You are luck on the warm weather!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by