My Chicken Coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SizzleQueen, Jan 1, 2015.

1. SizzleQueen

SizzleQueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2015
    Charlottesville VA
    Hi guys! When we moved up here to our farm a few years back... we had the luck of a previously built pigeon coop!

So I got the idea about a year ago to finally do something with it, and turned it into a chicken coop! This is still a work in progress, but I have worked hard and my chickens are absolutely INLOVE with their coop! Here are pictures of both the pen and the coop! Ill keep you guys updated the further along I get. :)

The chicken coop I have separated into 4 sections, and have a mini fence built between so the roosters do not see one another. Each one keeps my breeds separated so I can keep track.. My sizzles followed me into the coop so obviously had to let them pluck around ni the Plymouths section! Hehe!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is where the chickens all get to pluck around and enjoy life .. this is about HALF of their pen area!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And last is just another half of the pen, as you can see the fence WAS unfinished but not everything is up and cleaned up. :) Let me know what you guys think!

-Brooke[​IMG]

2. BonRae67

BonRae67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2014
    Florida
    Love it! [​IMG] :thumbsup What kinds and how many chickens do you have?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  3. SizzleQueen

Jan 1, 2015
    Charlottesville VA
    I have only 11 chickens right now.. i can't wait to have more! But i have 2 sizzles, a roo and hen.. 3 silks 1 roo and 2 hens, 5 Plymouths 1 roo and 4 hens and my mystery hen named sassy!

4. BonRae67

Dec 23, 2014
    Florida
    Awesome! I am new to silkies, but I am learning. [​IMG]
    Here is my baby. It is about 10 to 12 weeks old.

5. SizzleQueen

Jan 1, 2015
    Charlottesville VA
    BSOLUTELY adorable!! They are so wonderful! Keep me posted for when your baby is fully grown!

6. BonRae67

Dec 23, 2014
    Florida
    I will and will be posting pics of the almost 50 silkie , tophat , and easter egg eggs that are on day 5 in the incubator. Mostly silkie and tophat.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by