1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My chicken got hit with a shovel! HELP!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sherylwelch, Jun 15, 2016.

1. sherylwelch

sherylwelch Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2015
    Stowe, VT
    Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your help. I was doing some yard work and I set the shovel against a post to take a break. It is very windy right now so it got knocked over and fell on top of my two chickens that were hanging out around my feet. Buttercream (by the looks of it and the sound) got hit pretty bad. She screamed and ran away. I try petting her and rubbing her back and gave her a treat but I'm worried that we might have a problem later. Do you think she might be hurt and she is not showing it right now or that the egg inside her could have broken? She usually lays later in the day.
    Thanks a lot everyone. I really don't know what to do.

2. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    She could be, but chickens are pretty hardy. Chances are she'll be just fine after a little. [​IMG]

3. sherylwelch

sherylwelch Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2015
    Stowe, VT
    Thank you. Im really worried.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by