My chicken has a cough, sneeze, hickup

Yazoobelle

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2015
I can't really tell which it is but she has a cough, sneeze, hickup that she started today. Any advice?

I would put acv and garlic in their water and run to the first vet. some antibiotics can save your chicken. it can be anything.

my chicken's first diagnose was mycoplasma. today (10 days later) I brought my cockerel to the vet and he said infectious bronchitis. antibiotics help with the secondary infections but cannot heal viruses. thank god I was giving garlic, honey and acv to my chickens, all of them are alive so far. only my cockerel is critical, but he got an injection today and feels better, he started to eat.

antibiotic I have been giving to the chickens is doxycycline. I don't know what the vet gave to my cockerel today, probably tylan.

good luck!

any update?

blood test confirmed my cockerel has infectious bronchitis. the injection he got is baytril. he got another one today and he will get the 3rd on monday. he is much better. my other cockerel has been in my kitchen for about 2 weeks now. looks good but didn't heal completely. My 3 pullets in the living room feel much better, but still cannot go out.I still give to the critical ones doxycycline pills and to the rest water soluble oxytetracycline. must give them antibiotics for 40 days! if not, they will not heal completely. when my house chickens get better I can give them water soluble oxytetracycline as well.

hope your chickens are ok.

Back
Top Bottom