1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My chicken has a cough.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by rachelk83, Sep 11, 2012.

1. rachelk83

rachelk83 New Egg

Sep 11, 2012
    One of my hens have a cough and a wheeze. Everyone I have talked to laugh at me because they have never heard of such a thing. Does anyone know what I am talking about and is there something I can give her? I hope someone can help me.

2. maidenwolfx80

maidenwolfx80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2012
    missouri
    I am sorry to hear that. I have had that happenwith one of mine. All I did was start giving vet rx, its a liquid vit supplement. I dont know what caused her cough and wheeze sounds but it went away after I a week of vet rx. Maybe someone else will know what the actual problem is. hope this helps

3. rachelk83

rachelk83 New Egg

Sep 11, 2012
    Thank you. I have been looking around my area and I cannot find a place that carries that item.. If you or anyone else knows of another product that may help that would be great. Thank you!

4. maidenwolfx80

maidenwolfx80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2012
    missouri
    There is a rescue remedy from rooster booster that is a vit/min and probiotic liquid

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by