My chicken has gone CRAZY

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Lacrystol, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    Here it is 2:30 in the morning I go into the kitchen to grab a snack, look outside and one of my chickens is out in the rain waking around, just walking all over the place. I called him he came right to me, I grabbed him and he let out this huge scream. I wrapped him up in my robe because he was DRENCHed and in the house for the night he goes. What a crazy chicken.. Apparently he didn't set his watch to the sun down and go to bed.

2. LindsayB

LindsayB Songster

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    Is your coop locked up so predators can't get in? I wonder if something scared him out...

3. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    It's doubled locked up, another words we have a walk in coop thats closed up and where they sleep is another coop that's locked up. We have a raccoon problem. So we builta coop inside a coop. have no clue why this guy was out, does seem weird.. Everybody else went to bed on time and i checked on them all they were up in there roosting area, sleeping until I popped my head in there then they made that weird cackling noise..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: