1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My chicken has lost half of her feathers and now her poop is watery

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by DaniGirl 1272, Dec 15, 2016.

1. DaniGirl 1272

DaniGirl 1272 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2015
    I beought her in because our temps are in the teens and dropping to single digits. Her comb is red, she is eating and drinking. Isnt it late for her to be molting?

2. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

How old is this Bird, your location and what do you feed daily..........?

Cheers!

3. DaniGirl 1272

Jun 26, 2015
    She's like a yr and a half. They just get fed from a big feeder, they have access at all times. I live in PA

4. DaniGirl 1272

Jun 26, 2015
    Sorry what do I feed. They get typical feed but i've bumped up the protein, they have some corn mixed in and they get their mealworms daily as a treat. They've been wormed a couple of weeks ago so I don't think it's anything like that

5. chickens really

Sounds like she is molting......Up the feed to a grower ration......Cut out the Corn.....

Cheers!

6. DaniGirl 1272

Jun 26, 2015
    Thank you, can you believe my girls have never really gone through molting? Well not like this anyway....2 lost a few feathers and that was it but that was back in the beginning of Nov. I've had them almost 2 years. I thought this was her molting but it seems so late. Although our weather has been so crazy . Thank you for taking the time to help me out!

7. chickens really

Cheers!.......[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by