1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My chicken has some disease?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by marvun22, Sep 2, 2014.

1. marvun22

marvun22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    North Dakota
    At first I thought she had an injured leg, but now there's this. She can't stand up or balance at all. When she sits down, her legs stick out in front of her. Her eyes keep on shutting, but then I wipe with a wet cloth and one opens again. But then it shuts again. She doesn't drink by herself. I have to stick her beak in the water for her to drink. And I have to stick her beak in the fruit I've been giving to her to get her to eat anything. She will occasionally eat some scratch. It's been like this for about 1 week. It's a Golden Laced Cochin hen if that matters. It's 1 year, 2 months old. No other bird has done anything to this. I separated her so she wouldn't get picked on by others.

2. MSBG

MSBG Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2009
    Sorry to hear about your girl-it could be so many things it's hard to tell you what you could do. I can only offer another site that may have some information that may offer a few other ideas.
    http://www.thepoultrysite.com

good luck! :)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  3. casportpony

casportpony Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Can you take her to a vet?

-Kathy

4. marvun22

marvun22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    North Dakota
    There is no chicken vet within 150 miles that I know of. I will do more checking though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by