MY CHICKEN HAS WATERY EYES AND A SMELLY HEAD ???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by aimeek, Mar 14, 2013.

1. aimeek

aimeek New Egg

Mar 12, 2013
    England
    MY CHICKEN HAS SORE LOOKING EYES THAT ARE WATERY AND WHEN IVE PICKED HER UP HER HEAD SMELLS FUNNY CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PLEASE ?

2. braka300

braka300 New Egg

Aug 19, 2013
    Hello, I have a silkie chicken 4 mths old, and today have noticed the exact same thing. The smell is putrid, seems to be from her ears. She doesn't seem to have a big appetite like the others either. I've treated their water with sulpha3 (an antibiotic), bought from the pet shop, so hears hoping she'll come good. Also gave her vitamin soaked bread, as she loves bread, but nope, not eating it today! Her eyes are almost like she's blind, very watery, walks around so slowly and seems to sleep a lot. I would also like some suggestions please!
    Thanks

3. braka300

braka300 New Egg

Aug 19, 2013
  4. braka300

braka300 New Egg

Aug 19, 2013
    Just an update that my little chicken died today. She just couldn't fight it, 3 weeks today! I did everything I possible could, but she woke up today with bleeding nose, and still gasping for air. As sad as it was, hubby had to put her to sleep :( Cant believe how bad this coryza is! Hope other people have better luck than me. So hard when you get so attached to them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by