My chicken is acting weird!!

chixluvr

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 7, 2014
Yukon, OK
Hello fellow chicken lovers!!
My cochin is acting weird! She is 25 weeks old and has given us about 9 eggs, but I haven't gotten any in the last few days. But she is sitting in the nesting box like she is trying to be a momma hen. I have all pullets... I hope! I needed to clean her nesting box, so we took her out and it ****** her off!! Like she was attacking my lil weiner dog! She squaked, moaned and bitched a whole lot and got back in the nesting box. Should i beworried about her, like maybe there's an egg lodged in there and she cant squeeze it out?! They are free range with fruit and veg treats, and layena crumbles!

Thanks in advance!!

Sounds like you got a broody hen. Go buy her some fertile eggs and have some babies! That's what we did when one of Barred Rocks went broody. She raised her chicks well, too. This was before we got our roosters. In fact she gave us our biggest rooster.

Good luck

Check craigslist. Chicken farms all over North Texas for us. I'm sure there are plenty up where you are. We bought a few for our broody and we got babies! Not expensive at all, either.

Back
Top Bottom