My chicken is bleeding really bad because of other chickens (Warning Graphic Images)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Meg02, May 22, 2016.

1. Meg02

Meg02 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2016
    [​IMG]
    This is my baby chicken and she had gotten attacked by one of our bigger ones, I don't know what to do so can you help me? Please reply ASAP!

2. gmatson

gmatson Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2016
    Tractor supply or a feed store sales spray that is supposed to help wounds heal. The folks at TSC would probably be able to help you figure out what to use.

3. Meg02

Meg02 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2016
    Thank you, we have put some anesthetic on her

4. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    You can flush the wound with saline or betadine. Apply some Vetericyn or plain neosporin. Vetericyn comes in a spray, since the area looks fairly large that may be easier to apply.
    Keep her warm and separated. You can add some vitamins/electrolytes to her water if you wish, make sure she stays hydrated. Offer her her normal poultry food, scrambles/hard boiled egg and/or tuna.
    Chickens heal fairly well barring any infection, so keep an eye out for signs of infection - pus, odors, etc.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/517234/medical-treatments-recommended-by-bycers
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2015/04/how-to-care-for-injured-chicken-and.html

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  5. robdog

robdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Neosporin works great wear gloves and apply as well as dress the wound a little.

6. Meg02

Meg02 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2016
    Hello everyone its been awhile since I've replied, I've done everything I could to help the little chicken but she died at the end.

7. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    I'm sorry for your loss.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by