1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Chicken is Limping!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CrazyChickenGrl, Apr 25, 2016.

1. CrazyChickenGrl

CrazyChickenGrl New Egg

Apr 25, 2016
    New York
    My chicken is limping. It got accidentally kicked because it was attacking my ducks, and as soon as that happened, she layed on the ground and started breathing heavy;panting. Her tail was kind of down, but her comb and wattle were still red. I picked her up and put her in the shade, because it is warm out, and she surprisingly wouldn't move much. She's a fidgety one, let me tell ya!
    She moved around a little bit, but she was limping on her right leg and using her wing to support herself kind of. In 20 minutes, her tail was back up, her comb and wattles were still red, and she seemed fine.... all except for that leg. I gave her food and she gobbled it down. She's now foraging.... what should I do? Was she breathing heavily because she got the wind knocked out of her? She isn't doing it any more.
    Help. Thank you.

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
  3. CrazyChickenGrl

CrazyChickenGrl New Egg

Apr 25, 2016
    New York
    Now we cant find her.... she just wandered off randomly and we looked EVERYWHERE. My mom thinks she got taken by a fox. But literally, we cant find her anywhere, even when we shake the grain container and yell our famous, well known by the chickens call 'Hi babies!' :'( I'm really worried.

4. unionhillchix

unionhillchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2014
    canon ga
    [​IMG] I'm sorry such a tragic event caused you to join. Wish it could have been under better circumstances. Could it be under your chicken coop? Hope you find her.

5. CrazyChickenGrl

CrazyChickenGrl New Egg

Apr 25, 2016
    New York
    I did find her! [​IMG] She was under my chicken coop where I looked before. We coaxed her out, and she's eating and pooping normally. Thank you!

6. unionhillchix

unionhillchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2014
    canon ga
    Glad you found her! [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    So glad you found her, she might have had the wind knocked out of her and injured internally . I hope she will recover.

8. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    I'm glad she is ok and that you found her!

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by