My chicken is sick please help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by TinyFarmInTheCity, Nov 8, 2019.

1. TinyFarmInTheCity

TinyFarmInTheCity Hatching

Nov 8, 2019
    Her name is Kim, she is a Plymouth Rock. She is 3 years old. She has yellow Diarrhea, I can tell she doesn't feel well at all, just standing alone with her eyes closed. Here’s a picture of her droppings. Any help would be great in narrowing down what might be going on.
    We love her very much

Attached Files:

glassdragonfly likes this.
  2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Enabler

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Welcome to BYC. Pictures of her standing or however she looks might be helpful. Is she sleeping on the roost at night and coming down and out of the coop at all? Has she lost any weight through her breast when you pick her up? Has she been laying eggs recently? Is her tail up or down?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  3. glassdragonfly

glassdragonfly Crowing

Sep 3, 2019
    Ozark,mo
    :welcome

TinyFarmInTheCity likes this.
  4. chickenlittle21

chickenlittle21 Chirping

Aug 22, 2019
    Palm City, Florida
    it would be nice to have a picture of her. Is she pecked or bossed around by the other chickens? when you touch her does she seem warmer or colder than the other chickens? have you seen her eat or drink? do you notice any weight loss? your local feed store or vet might be able to help. :welcome

5. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Enabler

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Reproductive disorders can cause illness in a hen. Internal laying, salpingitis, egg yolk peritonitis, cancer, and ascites are some of the possible illnesses. Has she been eating or drinking? Is the white part of her droppings white or yellow usually? Has she laid eggs recently? Has she molted recently? How does her crop in her upper right chest feel first thing in the morning?

6. TinyFarmInTheCity

Nov 8, 2019
    She feels lighter than she should, I think she’s probably lost some weight. She has not perched in 2 days. Last night I brought her in and today she’s just really struggling. Here’s a picture of her, thank you so much for taking the time to read about Kim

Attached Files:

7. TinyFarmInTheCity

Nov 8, 2019
    She is still drinking and eating but not very much. Her crop does not feel full right now and it usually is before bed, I will check in the morning if my sweet girl is still with us

8. TinyFarmInTheCity

Nov 8, 2019
    Also no eggs in about 2 weeks I would say, I thought maybe she was tapering off for winter as she has in the past but maybe I was wrong..

9. TinyFarmInTheCity

Nov 8, 2019
    She does feel lighter, she’s definitely lost some weight :( she hasn’t payed eggs in about 2 weeks , it’s been very cold here so I thought maybe she was tapering down for winter, I posted a picture of her, thank you so much for your response

10. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Enabler

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    How is she doing? Is she still having the yellow watery droppings? Is she eating and drinking any better?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: