1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My chicken journey

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by darajosami, Aug 8, 2014.

1. darajosami

darajosami Chillin' With My Peeps

So we decided to bite the bullet and get some Brown Leghorn Bantam pullets and a Brown Leghorn Bantam rooster so we can raise our own chicks.

The first step we took was to purchase 10 Brown Leghorn Bantam pullets and a Brown Leghorn Bantam rooster from a local breeder. [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

I also bought an incubator, see here to see my progress in incubating. [​IMG]

The first two days they were very quiet and today when I went in to check on them I found a broken egg [​IMG]and they were making a little more noise and eating better, both the scraps and the pellets I gave them,[​IMG]

I am checking on them regularly to get them used to me but also so I can see if any others are showing the signs of about to lay eggs.

2. Love those Brown Leghorn Bantams!

Wishing ya the best.

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

They're gorgeous!! [​IMG] Best of luck on raising them too! [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Those are some nice quality bantams! Look at those white ear lobes! Good luck with them!

5. darajosami

darajosami Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks still waiting on another egg to be laid

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by