My chicken keeps laying her egg on my husbands pillow

Chicklove4ever

Songster
May 17, 2020
My 20 week old BO started laying 5 days ago.I have 7 hens and shes the only one that started.She laid her first egg in nesting box and all the rest of the times she sneaks in to the house to go to my bedroom early in the morning wile my husband is still sleeping. He works late so he wakes up a little later.She sneaks in and lays her eggs right next to him on his pillow.The first time it happened i was coming in from outside and i hear my husband scream ahhhhhh! I ran to the room and there she was walking across the bed all happy she laid her egg on my husbands pillow next to his head.My husband was mortified lol .The next day she did it again,she gets into the house through the back door kids come in and out so do dogs.now my husband is used to being woken up by our hen in the morning, the freshest breakfast in bed lol she was always a spoiled chicken since she was a chick its just soo weird....why is she doing this??

Attachments

• 20200905_154705.jpg
    20200905_154705.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 35
This is hilarious!!! I'm a newbie at chickens, but am a dog trainer, so I work with animals. (humans too, but that's another forum, LOL) So, she has good memories, conditioning of your home as a chick. You said she was 'SPOILED' so whatever you did and she loved during her informative/imprint months, she associates the home as hers too. She loves giving gifts I guess!
Somehow, you'll have to show her 'her home' and as she gets older and imprints with the others, she'll grow into the nesting boxes. Maybe use one of her eggs in the nesting box, place her inside, and maybe she'll get the idea. Apparently she is a smart one!

This is hilarious!!! I'm a newbie at chickens, but am a dog trainer, so I work with animals. (humans too, but that's another forum, LOL) So, she has good memories, conditioning of your home as a chick. You said she was 'SPOILED' so whatever you did and she loved during her informative/imprint months, she associates the home as hers too. She loves giving gifts I guess!
Somehow, you'll have to show her 'her home' and as she gets older and imprints with the others, she'll grow into the nesting boxes. Maybe use one of her eggs in the nesting box, place her inside, and maybe she'll get the idea. Apparently she is a smart one!
Yes i think you're right she was hatched and raised til 8 weeks in my bedroom we had the incubator and the brooder in our room. So i tried putting fake eggs in nesting box on day two it didnt work she kicks them out lol.

My 20 week old BO started laying 5 days ago.I have 7 hens and shes the only one that started.She laid her first egg in nesting box and all the rest of the times she sneaks in to the house to go to my bedroom early in the morning wile my husband is still sleeping. He works late so he wakes up a little later.She sneaks in and lays her eggs right next to him on his pillow.The first time it happened i was coming in from outside and i hear my husband scream ahhhhhh! I ran to the room and there she was walking across the bed all happy she laid her egg on my husbands pillow next to his head.My husband was mortified lol .The next day she did it again,she gets into the house through the back door kids come in and out so do dogs.now my husband is used to being woken up by our hen in the morning, the freshest breakfast in bed lol she was always a spoiled chicken since she was a chick its just soo weird....why is she doing this??
Hi! I’ve never had well- a chicken come in the house! But my first thought would be maybe don’t let her! If it’s bc of a dog door, than I would have second thought to that. Keep your bedroom door closed and make sure that you put fake eggs in the nesting boxes to encourage her to lay there. I’m not sure what to say since I have never experienced a chicken who wouldn’t lay in the right place!

Yes i think you're right she was hatched and raised til 8 weeks in my bedroom we had the incubator and the brooder in our room. So i tried putting fake eggs in nesting box on day two it didnt work she kicks them out lol.
That could be an issue! Lol, maybe try putting the pillow in the nesting box? Idk!

Back
Top Bottom