My chicken laid a giant egg

mct01

Chirping
Apr 11, 2016
Lascassas, Tn
1st time chicken owner. We have ISA Browns that lay every day. Every so often we get a big egg, it always has a double yolk. This morning my wife came in and said we had a huge egg. It has an indentation in the middle like 2 eggs were fused together. None of the girls are walking funny. Here is a picture.
[/IMG]

Must have been an eye-watering experience for whichever hen laid that whopper!
smile.png

That happens.. I've had chickens lay big double yolk eggs...eggs inside eggs...eggs with only a membrane, no shell .I found one once in the run that looked like the biggest duck egg ever! I thought my brother was playing a trick on me. They do some weird stuff. I've got some now that lay tiny white eggs and then the next day lay normal large brown eggs. Square eggs that wouldn't roll. LOL..It's all good. They will level out and produce the best eggs you can get, just have an odd one every now and then. I downsized my flock. Got rid of a lot of roosters.Got rid of a lot of mutt hens. BUT mutts are some of your best layers. Neighbors and co-workers love my eggs. I really want to to selling my eggs. I got a killer deal on a LG fridge for my shop. I hope to make my money back to pay for my laying crumbles. I work 4 10's. Off every fri,sat,sun. Chickens are fun. Just a hobby. I have French BCM, Kuokoo marans,white rocks,barred rocks,Delawares,RIR,,Americauana bantan,Easter eggers, white crested black polish,Austrolops,Buff Orpingtons, And I have some RIR/Brahma red hens.Pretty.Well I'm drunk....Holler back at me.

Back
Top Bottom