My Chicken Loves Me

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Colleen2016, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Colleen2016

Colleen2016 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2016
    Victoria BC Canada
    I have six chickens and they are all fairly friendly, but this one red hen is like a little dog. She's around my feet whenever I go out and sits on the arm of my chair if Im out in the yard. Lately she's taken to staring in the back window into my office. Today the door was left open and she came bounding in, hopped up on my desk and made herself at home. Is this behaviour normal? She makes me laugh :)

[​IMG]

2. Leah567

Leah567 Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    That is soo cute!! Wish I had a chicken like that!

3. masmom

masmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2016
    East TN Mountains
    Awe, she just wuvs you [​IMG]

4. masmom

masmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2016
    East TN Mountains
    Oh, and I'd say it's normal for some chickens. I have several that is up my booty all the time. Cute but obnoxious little buggers lol

5. BY Bob

BY Bob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2016
    Hershey, PA
    My white leghorn Daisy is in my business all the time when I am outside but she has never come in the house!

She jumped up on the table the other day to just say hi.
    [​IMG]

6. Colleen2016

Sep 17, 2016
    Victoria BC Canada
    The more I get to know my chickens, the more they remind me of people. Some of them live in their own world, and some of them like to share theirs with you. Same with my dog. Its a nice feeling to be able to relate to animals. Sometimes I think I do it better with them :)

By the way, my Black Ameraucana that stopped laying last September just started laying again. Very small blue eggs, and she makes quite the racket to produce them. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Colleen staring at me through the back door.

[​IMG]

Oggie and one of my original chickens Ethel, who turned out to be an Ethelred...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  7. Colleen2016

Sep 17, 2016
    Victoria BC Canada
    Cute piggies :)

8. Colleen2016

Sep 17, 2016
    Victoria BC Canada
    Maybe you will. Some of my friends and neighbours also have gregarious birds. I was surprised with Colleen though, as when we got her she was the low hen on the totem pole, and was quite hen pecked and ratty looking. As you can see from the photo below from about this time last year, she has grown into a fine bird and dominates the rest of them. She will try and get in the house at every opportunity. She usually makes a mad dash for the dog's food bowl before I have to catch her and put her back outside.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwww. She's adorable! [​IMG]

10. Colleen2016

Sep 17, 2016
    Victoria BC Canada
    b.hromada: I think you must be pretty adorable too with all those children and animals. And of course that patient hubby. That sounds like a very fulfilling life. Bless.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by