My chicken run (pics)

Baymen Moe

Songster
12 Years
Jan 17, 2009
Pembroke, Ma.
It's been a while since I've posted progress pictures of my coop, so here's a few. The coop itself is done. I've been working on the run lately and it's almost done as well.

I splurged on hardware cloth. I'm not getting into this to lose birds. Name a predator native to the northeast and I've got them. For those that are curious about the cost of the hardware cloth, I got a 4ftx100ft roll for $175.

The ugly pile of old patio block came in real handy for a digging defense.
21297_chicken_run_001.jpg

21297_chicken_run_002.jpg

It was a chore doing all the fencing work solo, but I'm pleased with the outcome. All that's left is covering the run and building the gate.
21297_chicken_run_006.jpg

clap.gif
Kudos! I only hope my DH and I can make such a nice run!
I need to hook up the trailer and hit up Hot Springs to find some nice chunks of rock like that. We have railroad ties around our existing coop, but those are back-breakers and I'm not sure where to find anymore of them.

Your coop and run are awesome!
thumbsup.gif

Great job. I love the design - nice work. I am just finishing up my coop and plan to start the run next. I have all the lumber, just need the time now. I am planning a 16' x 16' run covered on the walls with chicken wire and haven't decided on the roof yet.
Chicks coming Monday - kids and I are very excited!!!

Back
Top Bottom