My Chicken Smells

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Beautiful, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Beautiful

Beautiful Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2012
    McAllen Texas
    My chicken smells so bad, a smell that is gross... its not a poop smell but its bad... only one of them stinks out of my flock... how can i get rid of the smell???

2. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA
    Can you tell where the odor is coming from? It can be a sign of respiratory illness, sour crop, or infection ( a cut or other skin wound that has become infected). Please tell us more about your chickens' living arrangements and diet.

3. Beautiful

Beautiful Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2012
    McAllen Texas
    they just roam around the yard and house... almost all my yard is cement and then i have a grass area on the side that they go , rock area that they move the rocks and a dirt area that i dont know what to do about because the dirt stays moist and i see mold in one spot..i dont know how to dry the dirt. we have a big tree that doesnt allow the sun to dry it... her nose is running again so i started her on dyrmamicine 10 yesterday... i feed them lay crumbles mixed with scratch.... none of my other chickens smell. should i give her a bath?

i dont have a big yard... i only have 5 chickens, 3 ducks and a rabbit... i do clean with bleach and sometimes fabuloso twice a week. sometimes more.. i clean all the time because i like it to look and smell nice. they are in the garage and in the house sometimes to cause we play and cuddle with them...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by