My chicken sounds like a kazoo!

Seaecho

Songster
Oct 12, 2017
High Desert, S. CA.
I'm not kidding. One of my bantam cochins is making a sound today that I've never heard a chicken make. Like a kazoo or a kid learning to play the trumpet is the closest I can get to describing it. She is acting totally fine, eating, drinking, pooping normally. And I checked to be sure it's not when she's breathing. It happens just as if she's "talking." Could she have laryngytis?

I'm not kidding. One of my bantam cochins is making a sound today that I've never heard a chicken make. Like a kazoo or a kid learning to play the trumpet is the closest I can get to describing it. She is acting totally fine, eating, drinking, pooping normally. And I checked to be sure it's not when she's breathing. It happens just as if she's "talking." Could she have laryngytis?
How old is your chicken?
Take a video of her so we can hear it - upload to youtube, then provide us a link.

Any symptoms like swelling of the face, watery/bubbly eyes, mucous from the nostrils, coughing, sneezing or any lesions/canker inside the beak?

Since she is fine, eating/drinking and if she is young, it's probably just a youngster getting her "big girl voice" they can make all kinds of noises.

Back
Top Bottom