My chicken stalks me...normal?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by OlliOlliOlli, Apr 30, 2009.

1. OlliOlliOlli

OlliOlliOlli Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    My EE hen Holly stalks me from room to room. She just hopped up onto the desk and then onto the back of my chair making quiet clucking sounds. She hops into bed with me when my boyfriend works late. She sits on the couch with me and stares at me while I watch a movie.

Are chickens normally this into people? lol

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    is she potty trained? if so who cares how people-ish she is? Thats sweet and cool! I would love that instead of the bites I get! lol...

3. OlliOlliOlli

Apr 28, 2009
    I have to put down a towel on the bed and carry cleaning stuff around with me [​IMG] (that answers that question)

It's not my imagination though, this chicken is following me around from room to room. She sleeps with my bf when I'm not home, on his chest. haha

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    how sweet is that??? that is kinda strange but I have this sick love for animals to do that with me-everyone calls my pets whimps because they are such mamas boys and girls! I love it---I hope I get a chicken to do that-the DH wouldn't allow them in the house though! only small enough for a brooder and then outside!! how old is she?

5. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
  6. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    get her some chicken diapers. I have one outside who follows me. She is super intelligent so I think she knows I = food.

7. OlliOlliOlli

Apr 28, 2009
    Are chicken diapers humane? Does it force their poop to stay up against their body?

8. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    I have a turkey that does that. I swear he "fakes" injuries so he can come inside with all of us. Otherwise he stands at the gate door and does his peeping until we go talk to him.

He is in the laundry room right now with one of his "injuries" [​IMG]

9. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

10. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    That doesn't sound like stalking, more like she's just imprinted and thinks you are her mom. Stalking suggests predator- like behavior, and it really sounds like she is quite fond of you and just wants to enjoy your company. Lucky you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by