my chicken stories!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by summerb123, Nov 8, 2016.

1. summerb123

summerb123 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2016
    Mississippi
    ok on this thread I will tell you all my chicken stories! but first we will start with Pepper

well we started out with 5 EE chicks less than a month old.Blossom, Gypsy Brooklyn, no name (which is now Pepper), and Goldie they were very very happy chicks! Than they went down hill fast...my favorite chick Blossom was a happy little chick, but here and the others health slipped. They got sick and one day i came home and my Blossom wilted away into chicken heaven. The others were quickly fading away also, only Pepper was going strong! After a week or two of Blossoms death Brooklyn passed away she was a tiny little thing with lots of heart until her tiny little heart stopped to on her. I was devastated! As I regained hope with the others a sudden death struck...my Gypsy was a little perfect chick and I loved her until the end! It was down to two chicks, Pepper and Goldie both were cockerels. They were both healthy but once again Goldie's health turned for the worst.. i came home and he had went to chicken heaven. He was a feisty one but I loved that little bugger! Pepper the little survivor was the only one left all alone, no one likes him the rooster attacked him and the hens pecked him.I was the only thing he had left, the others left this earth and the rest rejected him like a CD player. He is a meracle! I was his only friend which is me! My cousin named him Moco at first but it didn't fit him! He got the name Pepper b/c I let him out when my grandma and I where picking peppers and Pepper decided to try a pepper and then i couldn't keep him away it was a workout to keep him away and that is how he got the name Pepper! Pepper is a real snuggler too! If you sit down on the ground when Pepper is out he will get in your lap and rest his head on your leg and fall to sleep! And how he loves when you pet him! One of the best things are , that the he comes when called and he follow you around! He has a scissor beak......so it is hard to eat and keep things down but some how he manages too do it but i have to clean his beak were it will not close he is calm when i do it b/c its a daily thing for us both. He does like to ride in my shoulder and arm! OMG just amagine all the snuggles i get!!!!!! Just here recently he has found a new friend (my older sister). She loves him! She was laying on the concrete with Pepper on her chest petting him, and all the sudden a Buzzard flew by and Pepper sounded the predator alarm! It was adorable! And know is attempting to crow!He is so spoilt(he even comes inside the house!)
    [​IMG]

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

3. summerb123

Apr 26, 2016
    Mississippi
    thanks! and Pepper is not a cockerel.......Pepper is a pullet! my stupid self has been thinking cockerel the whole to until i found her idintical hen [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. summerb123

Apr 26, 2016
    Mississippi
    The story of the big bad hen and how she ended up in our deep freezer

Her name was Queen Chicken ("C" for short). She was a Rhode Island Red. She was a big bully; attacking the hens.....and rooster! Every time I would go to feed them, their is Queen C....pecking me all over my feet (that junk hurt!). She then started to get bad habits. When we got more chicks she would kill them! She started pulling lower ranking hens' feather out and then eating them. She started to pull poor Cocktail bold! The other bad habit was egg eating! The weird thing that she never ate her egg! I guess that she thought that no one should lay in it except me lol. We let it continue on for a little longer, until we had enough! my dad said separate her and put her with the little rooster, so we did and the next thing I know is she is plucking all of his tail feathers out! We seperated her and the rooster. The next day, my dad ended her! The rooster was finally top dog again [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by