My chicken whistles theough its nose when she breathes and sneezes a lot? Is that normal?

LaChicaLoca

Chirping
May 29, 2020
So, I unexpectedly adopted a baby chicken when a hen layed eggs in an old rabbit hutch and attacked and abandoned one of her chicks when it hatched. I raised it and nothing seems wrong otherwise. Shes about five weeks old (born April 22) and I dont know ththe breed, only that shes an egg laying breed. But recently I've noticed that she kinda whistles when she breathes. It doesnt seem like it bothers her. She is very talkative and very active so I dont believe it bothers her but i just want to know if anythings wrong and what I can do to help.
For specifics, she acts completely healthy, no mouth breathing, talks a TON, is active, can fly to no end, is some sort of egg species, and just whistles when she breathes. I hear it usually when shes sleeping so is it some sort of snore?

Last edited:

LaChicaLoca

Chirping
May 29, 2020
You said she sneezes a lot also? This is not normal. Is there any kind of discharge from the nostrils?
Only when she sneezes, clear discharge goes everywhere. I never see any discharge other than that. She does wipe her nose on everything though. However her sneezing has died down recently and she hasnt been sneezing as much. Just every so often.

Top Bottom