My chicken woke up lethargic

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Gypsieladie, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Gypsieladie

Gypsieladie New Egg

Jun 7, 2010
    My chicken of about 3 months or so has been acting normal and was fine when she went to bed last night, but this morning she is lethargic and wanting to sleep all the time. Normally she is spunky, talkative and loves to eat the worms I give her, but today she is just blah and her wings are starting to droop, and her stool is runny yellow but no blood. I don't know if she got into something in the yard, or if it is a parasite or what, I just know she isn't normal. I lost a chicken to the same symptoms a couple weeks ago. I hope she isn't dying.

2. KathyK

KathyK Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Liberty Hill, TX
    I just had a bird with runny poo, not eating, and was lethargic. I think she was dehydrated as we are very hot here. I brought her in the air conditioning and got her back on her feet again. Not sure if this is what you are dealing with or not. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in. I would separate her and cool her off if it's hot there. Good luck and keep us posted.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by