My chicken won the show, I can't believe it!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Ariel301, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    I took some chickens to the county fair this week. I was a bit disappointed in their condition because we had a big rainstorm right before, and mud plus feather feet equals a mess. So was I surprised to see this! My bantam cochin pullet won first place in feather footed bantam pullets, Grand Champion bantam, and Grand Champion poultry! [​IMG] People kept asking me how I got her so shiny, I don't know unless it's the goat milk I feed them. Good girl, Gemma! Not bad for a hatchery pullet out of the "leftover" sale!

I'm also negotiating a trade with a lady for some self-blue and blue mille fleur Old English game bantams that placed very well, the lady does not want to take them home because she's tired of feeding show birds that lay tiny little eggs. I may end up with her whole flock, she's got about 8 hens and several cockerels! I'm excited to get my breeding flock going with them, my Old English cock took second in the game class, but I didn't have any good hens for him yet.

[​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Congratulations!

Wonderful.

3. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

She's beautiful! We aren't surprised she won!
    Congratulations!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Way to go!!!

5. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Congrats and keep up the good work! Hopefully you have a good roo for her, and can start a good line with her.

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    You rock, Gemma!

7. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Sweet ! [​IMG]

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Congratulations! [​IMG] She is beautiful! You go Gemma! [​IMG] Thanks for sharing. [​IMG]

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Congratulations! Good luck on the O E bantams.

10. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    Thanks everyone! Unfortunately I don't have a good rooster for her other than my white frizzle. I've got two black cochins that came with her, but neither are very nice...I think I'm going to hang onto them a few more months though and see if they start to look any better, they're still young.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by