My chicken won the show, I can't believe it!

Ariel301

Songster
10 Years
Nov 14, 2009
Kingman Arizona
I took some chickens to the county fair this week. I was a bit disappointed in their condition because we had a big rainstorm right before, and mud plus feather feet equals a mess. So was I surprised to see this! My bantam cochin pullet won first place in feather footed bantam pullets, Grand Champion bantam, and Grand Champion poultry!
big_smile.png
People kept asking me how I got her so shiny, I don't know unless it's the goat milk I feed them. Good girl, Gemma! Not bad for a hatchery pullet out of the "leftover" sale!

I'm also negotiating a trade with a lady for some self-blue and blue mille fleur Old English game bantams that placed very well, the lady does not want to take them home because she's tired of feeding show birds that lay tiny little eggs. I may end up with her whole flock, she's got about 8 hens and several cockerels! I'm excited to get my breeding flock going with them, my Old English cock took second in the game class, but I didn't have any good hens for him yet.

SANY0250.jpg

Thanks everyone! Unfortunately I don't have a good rooster for her other than my white frizzle. I've got two black cochins that came with her, but neither are very nice...I think I'm going to hang onto them a few more months though and see if they start to look any better, they're still young.

Back
Top Bottom