My chicken wont eat

CardinaltheRedRabbit

In the Brooder
Dec 27, 2021
USA, NH
So my chicken won't eat, nothing exactly is visibly wrong with her, other than being tired from not eating and her comb flopping to one side. I've tried to force feed her to see If it helps, but she seems to hate the food that she'd have enjoy just a week prior. She lost a flockmate just a few days ago, so I think it's grief that's causing her to act this way, she still drinks water, so she might not be sick, but I'm unsure how to go about feeding her, since she spits out anything I put in her beak. Does anyone know what I should do to help her through this?

I've tried egg yolks, bread, milk, mealworms, normal feed mixed with warm water, and just feed on its own.. she used to love all of these, and had a very strong personality, but it's strange of her not to be this way anymore...

Her poops are just water and the white stuff that's on normal poops, there seems to be no signs of bumblefoot, here's a pic, and where do I find nitridrench?

Attachments

• 20211227_144233.jpg
    20211227_144233.jpg
    627.4 KB · Views: 3
Her poops are just water and the white stuff that's on normal poops, there seems to be no signs of bumblefoot, here's a pic, and where do I find nitridrench?
Whens the last time she layed a egg ? How old? Do you have a pic of her poop? Does her breathing should fine? Hows her abdomen feel? Is her crop emptying in the morning or what's it feel like. Does she have sour crop?

Is she drinking at all? How is her crop feeling—empty and flat, full, hard, doughy, or puffy? Make sure it is emptying overnight. Watermelon or other melons, tomatoes, and cucumbers have a lot of water in them. Try some canned tuna or ground meat. Make sure that she has a cess to grit.

How old is she? Has she been wormed recently? Does she lay eggs?

Whens the last time she layed a egg ? How old? Do you have a pic of her poop? Does her breathing should fine? Hows her abdomen feel? Is her crop emptying in the morning or what's it feel like. Does she have sour crop?
She's older and has slowed in egg production, I don't have a good pic of her poop, since she does it in hay and it soaks in, breathing is normal, her bottom is large and soft, so not egg bound, her crop feels like it only has a small amount of water in it, but she isn't spitting anything up when I apply pressure

Is she drinking at all? How is her crop feeling—empty and flat, full, hard, doughy, or puffy? Make sure it is emptying overnight. Watermelon or other melons, tomatoes, and cucumbers have a lot of water in them. Try some canned tuna or ground meat. Make sure that she has a cess to grit.

How old is she? Has she been wormed recently? Does she lay eggs?
She's only been drinking water, her crop is almost empty, but has around a tablespoon of water. I can try force feeding again to see if it helps She's almost 3, she hasn't been wormed recently and hasn't layed any eggs since I brought her inside about 4 days ago

Back
Top Bottom