My chickens and Babette the duck are mad at me... it's Steven's fault!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Jan 30, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I had one of those days I got up late, got in the shower late, got out the door late,, so I called Steven who was getting out of bed late because I woke him up late, ... and asked him to feed the birds, open the coop, uncover the baby house etc. He mumbles yeah ok he'd do it. So I drive to school, have a really rough day with a couple of parents whose kids I had suspended for trying to build a fire under the portable next to mine.. it's just fun don't you know???? Boys will be boys and all that c r a p....

I leave work late, pick up Steven at the high school late, he's already walking down the road looking pitiful carrying his book bag, sports bag, musical instrument, sigh,,,,

Get home and wonder why White Boy and Houdini aren't running across the lawn to greet me with everyone else.. then I realized everyone else wasn't everyone it was just the ones who don't stay in the coop at night. Then I realized the coop was still closed, the baby house was still covered and I yelled at Steven that he hadn't opened the coop, as soon as the prisoners in the coop heard my voice they went nuts,, with Babette the duck being the loudest.

I opened the door, they flew out and I had chickens in the duck pool they were so thirsty, and they were all yelling at me! AT ME!! I wasn't the one who forgot but I'm the bad human.. The ones in the baby pen flew out of their doghouse and they were practically swimming in the waterer too,, then of course everyone was starving to death.

I'm a bad human.

2. buttons

buttons Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2009
    wach out! They are going to start to plot their revenge!

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    They got out early today, kind of making up for it. I walked around the coop and fence and you could see all kinds of scratched places where I think Nugget and Sparkle were trying to dig into the fenced area and coop to rescue them yesterday! They flew out the door today like they though I was going to tease them and shut it on them again!

4. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

[​IMG]
    well you know how many different things i have to "open" in the mornings,,hahahahha,, and you know how a hippies memory is,,,,,, so you MUST know about how many times i have forgotten to get someones door open,,,hahahaha,, till i do my rounds in the morning, bout 2 hours after their let out,,, then i find the "left-overs",, hahaha,, i jus open up their door and explain to them how its stephs fault !! [​IMG]

5. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    uh huh! Babette the duck was the unhappiest, I guess for the chickens a day in the dry dark coop was bad for a duck it was murder. She's been playing in her pool all day.

6. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

i'd watch her for a few days !!!
    bet they'll be a retaliation...

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm sure there is,,, I keep checking the front door for thrown eggs, and there was a suspicious duck egg on front porch...

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Sounds to me like you better run to the store, and get a mellon of some sort half it and scoop it out...slice up some grapes...strawberries.. throw in the scooped mellon...carefully lay it down for them as you beg for forgiveness! Whatever you do...DONT TURN YOUR BACK ON THEM! [​IMG]

9. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

[​IMG] sounds like a winner to me [​IMG]

10. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    LOL, I just went out to close up the coop and they were all sitting right outside the door, there were having a sit in!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by