1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My chickens and ducks have multiplied into........

Discussion in 'Quail' started by bckyrdchknluvr, Dec 11, 2011.

1. bckyrdchknluvr

bckyrdchknluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2011
    QUAIL? :lauLOL [​IMG]. So I went to a chicken show yesterday and hubby made the mistake of calling me from work and telling me "no more than three quail" as I have been perstering him for months to get some. So here they are. The hens are already laying, so hoping to try for some babies this winter.

[​IMG]

2. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    awesome, too cute

3. bfrancis

bfrancis Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    Okmulgee Co, Oklahoma
    Congrats on your new additions! Tell him about Chicken math...since it takes about 12 quail to equal one chicken...and you only got three, you really didn't get any so they don't count...you need more! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Your quail looks good!

4. bckyrdchknluvr

Jun 12, 2011
    Thank you both for your comments. I thought they looked pretty good too. bfrancis "since it takes about 12 quail to equal one chicken...and you only got three, you really didn't get any so they don't count...you need more" I'm going to tell my hubby that today if I go back and some more jump into my pocket, ROTFLOL. Oh, and if I had know that chicken math also applied to other birds, I never would have looked at the other birds, lol.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  5. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Actually 4 quail eggs = 1 large chicken egg

And the two brown's are females and unsure of the tuxedo [​IMG]

6. bckyrdchknluvr

Jun 12, 2011
    You are right, those 2 are girls, and the tuxedo is a boy that snuck into the hen pen, lol. Had I know how beautiful their eggs are, I would have probably gotten them before the chickens, lol.

YAY, my fist EGGS
    [​IMG]

7. thekid

Quote:Nice looking eggs you got there [​IMG]

8. bckyrdchknluvr

Jun 12, 2011
    Thank you thekid, I've seen the brown speckled eggs before, but never these colours yet. The spots on the egg that kind of looks brown are actually a beautiful dark purple. And, I think Bfransis was commenting on the how small the birds them selves are, and how chicken math works, lol. These little guys look like babies beside my banties, lol. Thank you all for your comments.

9. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    My chickens and ducks multiplied into quail too, go figure. It might have been the geese, though. They're sneaky. [​IMG]

10. thekid

Quote:No two quail eggs are alike

And the purple, if you wrinse it off with water the coating that makes it look purple will go away [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by