1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Chickens and Pheasant get along.

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by kat1959, May 29, 2016.

1. kat1959

kat1959 New Egg

May 29, 2016
    My husband and I got 4 baby pheasants last year. Three of them ended up to be male ring neck pheasants and one female.we let two males go and kept a female and male seperste. The male had been in a huge cage right next to our Easter egger chicken and rooster and a Cinnamon breed, in the small pin area. The male pheasants was also housed next to our larger chickens and they are 9 different breeds along with and huge rooster. Any way we decided to let the female and male pheasant free. The female flew off but the male refuses to go. He is out of his cage and is free ranging in 2 acres with my chickens. I am surprised that he hasn't flew off. He visits with my Easter egger and the other chickens.

2. Midnightman14

Midnightman14 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2016
    Sometimes they stick around for awhile but they have a horrible sense of direction so eventually they wander off and get lost or find some lady ringnecks they'd rather hang out with.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by