my chickens and turkeys have coryza or coccidiosis.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lilcookie, Jul 25, 2010.

1. lilcookie

lilcookie New Egg

Jul 25, 2010
    Hi everyone, I have been treating my chickens and turkeys with sulmet in the water. It has helped a bit but wondering what else I could treat them with? They are in a nice big pen dry. The weather here in ca. has been so crazy this year from hot to cold and I think its taken its toll on the birds. They are eating well also drinking well too. their dropings look well too some might have a little yellow in them. I have heard that when chickens get a cold its really hard for them to get better. Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated thanks so much lilcookie

2. math ace

math ace Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    lilcookie,

I don't understand the question - - "What else can I treat them with . . . "

Are they still showing signs of being sick?

Please, clarify your question and make sure you have provided answers to the following questions.

Give us the following information. The more you tell us, the better we will be able to help you.

1) What type of bird , age and weight.

2) What is the behavior, exactly.

3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?

4) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.

5) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.

6) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.

7) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.

8) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?

9 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the
    bird til you can get to a vet?

10) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.

11) Describe the housing/bedding in use

3. math ace

math ace Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Also, Are the Chickens and TURKEYS together ?

If not, how far apart are they ? ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by