My chickens are acting weird.

Casandra

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 2, 2011
ok my chickens are 22 weeks and still not laying. our males are breeding with the females, females are breeding with males, and females with females, also males are breeding with males and the thing is only 3 of our chickens actually look like hens then there is one that has the tail of a roo but the cone of a hen and no red things under it head. i really need help. should i get a hen thats already laying. or what. i will post pics of each one later today.
roll.png

Sounds like a real party in your yard!
Depends on where you are... freezing, tropical climate? Sunshine?
All make a difference. The breeds also act a little differently.
What are you working with?
Maybe post some pictures to make sure the boys are boys, and the girls are girls!

the lady we got them from had diffrent breeds and didnt care who bread with who so yeah dont know what they are. i live in East Texas so right now its cold but there is lots of sunshine. also heres the pics. if anyone could hazard a guess as to what breed they are that would be a big help. and how can you tell if they are male of female just by looking at them. thanks!!!! I tried to put pics on here it didnt work ill try again.. Ok i have them on my profile not sure how to put them on the post if i can..

Last edited:
Ok I put them on My Page, there in the view other page titled my chickens

Sounds like a party for sure!!! lol I have 2 girls laying already, one started today, they both started at 26 and 27 weeks.....

YES we have 5 boxes but they all just roost on top.. We are thinking that Tiny-t, GOGO, Stormy, Penguin, and Hershey are girls .... The only ones that crow are Black Beauty, ROHO, and Wings and Sara.. Sara was named by my sister we thought it was a girl but once we fig out it may be a boy she didnt want to change the name lol....
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom