My Chickens are DRUNK

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by bywaterdog, Jul 21, 2010.

1. bywaterdog

bywaterdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    N.O.L.A.
    This afternoon some of my girls escaped( jumped the fence) into my neighbors yard which has a huge fig tree. A lot of figs were the ground and had fermented. I noticed that they were acting a bit odd when I retrieved them. Getting an animal drunk is not funny but these did it to themselves, I just hope that they will be alright in the morning.
    Has this ever happened to any one else?

2. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Oh my. Well you can look at it like this, if they are ok then it was hilarious....

I look forward to seeing you laughing about this!!

3. 1_FnkyFrm

1_FnkyFrm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Knoxville, Tn
    I'm sure they will be hung over...lol

4. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 True BYC Addict

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    oh my, well like wolfwoman said, if theyre ok, then its funny! cnat say this has ever happened to me, although i did see a drunk squruil on youtube once it was hilarious, lots of animals get drunk cause they eat fermented fruit and stuff and so become "drunk", theyre usually ok though, its natures own bar... lol [​IMG] but that squrel was so funny, it was running circles, falling of the tree (ran around trunk, near base, and kept falling), etc, it was so funny, ill have to see if i can find the link cause it was hilarious! lol [​IMG]

5. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 True BYC Addict

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    heres the squrell one (i think its the right one), so funny!
    and then this is just a cute dog one who kinda looks like shes drunk in the pool... lol [​IMG]
    enjoy!

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'll bet they'll be just fine. My chickens live to clean up the fermented figs. I don't think I saw them move more than 50 ft. away from our fig trees today; just hoping that another one might fall.

7. emys

emys Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    They should be OK, but, I'd hate to see the run tomorrow, because that poop is going to be ugly.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by