My Chickens are dying??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Jesso, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Jesso

Jesso Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2012
    My chickens are 4 months old they very light in weight not growing good also loosing feathers there poop is a dark pink reddish in colour. Then they get weak and die. I have treated my chickens 2 months ago for 10 days it was cocidiosis. My birds where treated with amprolium. All proper cleaning was done; Birds had a nice dry barn. Why all of a sudden birds show symptoms of it again. I lost over half of my chicken, the adult birds stop laying but no symptoms. I am so sad so much lost and so many good birds. My work and money is gone. What to do I don’t know any more. ?? What can I treat them with?? It seem like the treatments never work. I lost some during the treaments and still loosing them after the treatments..???

2. kreagerm

kreagerm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2012
    Hopefully someone here can help, so sorry to hear about your girls!!!!

3. Silkie Sue

Silkie Sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2007
    Sarnia, Ontario
    I'm sorry you are going through this... what kind of chickens are they?
    Are their combs and wattles pale?
    Are they eating and drinking?
    Do they seem listless?
    I hope we can figure this out fast

Sue

4. bobbieschicks

bobbieschicks Chicken Tender

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop

This question should be moved to emergencies board. Hopefully it can be answered there.

5. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044
    You might consider necrotic enteritis and look at the information to see if it matches what you are seeing. Also some vets will do a fecal test for a small fee, and can check for cocci in the poo.

If it is coccidiosis again, then they need to be treated again. I have had to treat a couple of times, twice. But the time between treatments was only several days, not months as in your case.

I hope you can find the answer!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by