1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My chickens are FRONT PAGE NEWS!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Marbleheader, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Marbleheader

Marbleheader Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2009
    Marblehead, MA
    Update: the story is in today's paper and we made the front page!!!!! Check it out HERE!!!.

Our girls are famous -- we're so proud.

A reporter called and wanted to write a story about our chickens and the website and live coop cam. Can't wait for the story to appear. Fortunately, I wasn't home when the photographer came, so only the attractive members of the family (wife, kids, chickens) will have their picture in the paper. I'll post the link when it's available.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  2. karl lutz

karl lutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Woo Hoo! You must be proud! My picture was in the paper once I'm sure it was embairising But I can't recall.

3. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    [​IMG] Cool

4. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    I love the way your headline is worded. So what do you think the chickens said about you? [​IMG]

5. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:Probably something like, "Brawwwwwk, bawk....be-gawk!"

6. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    Boy famous chickens! Hope it doesn't go to their heads! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Marbleheader

Marbleheader Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2009
    Marblehead, MA
    Quote:Well of course it's not about me, it's about the chickens. I wasn't home when the photographer showed up, so I have to wait like everyone else to see what they said.

I suspect that they thought they were being interviewed for a story about chickens who keep obedient, trained humans as slaves to feed them and clean up their poop.

8. sky68ou1

sky68ou1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2009
    thomasville nc
    Quote:Well of course it's not about me, it's about the chickens. I wasn't home when the photographer showed up, so I have to wait like everyone else to see what they said.

I suspect that they thought they were being interviewed for a story about chickens who keep obedient, trained humans as slaves to feed them and clean up their poop.

thats so funny! lol

9. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    Way cool! [​IMG] Your chickies will be famous! [​IMG]

10. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

that's so cool, congrats, and Yay for spreading the word about how rewarding it is to keep chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by