My chickens are growing, how will they look later?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KipKat, Oct 2, 2013.

1. KipKat

KipKat Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2013
    I got 6 little chickens, born out of green eggs. Now they're 3 weeks old and changing a lot! Probably they are not a specific race. Can anybody tell me how they'll (probably) look like later?

After 1 day:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After 10 days
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MEMama3

MEMama3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2013
    Vacation Land; Maine
    If they came from green eggs, they are most likely easter eggers (which is no help to you in regards to what they'll look like when they grow up as they can each look completely different than the others).

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Since they came from green eggs, they are probably Easter Eggers. EEs can have many different features and colors, though they usually have pea combs, muffs and a beard, and are multi-colored. It looks like one of your chicks is going to be Barred, and another one Blue, but for the rest it will just be a surprise.

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree with the above two posters. Only a few birds, namely the Ameraucana, Araucana, and Easter Egger, lay green or blue eggs. Your are likely Easter Eggers, as you will rarely find purebred Ameraucanas or Araucanas. Also, your birds do not appear to fit any of the standard color patterns for Ameraucanas or Araucanas. All Easter Eggers will look different, as they are mixes. The only things that define an Easter Egger are that they don't fit the standard for the Ameraucana or Araucana and lay colored eggs. They vary widely in color pattern, and can basically look like anything.

5. KipKat

KipKat Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2013
    After 3 weeks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by