My chickens are hatching right now. Out of 20 11 have arrived!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Ikan Ikan, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Ikan Ikan

Ikan Ikan Out Of The Brooder

Dec 13, 2012
    Hi All,

As you can see in the subject line. I have chickens. The problem I think I wll have is that 9 eggs still waiting hatch and the incubator will turn it self off tomorrow. How can I adjust the setting to keep the incubator going at 37c 60% humidity for another couple of day?? As It is the all chics ar tramping all over the other eggs still waiting to hatch as well as the broken ones. Any advise??

Cheers

Kim

2. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    What kind of incubator do you have?
    Can you re-set it to have it stay on?
    How old are the chicks that have hatched?
    If the chicks are 2-3 days old, you can remove them and put them in their brooder.
    I would definitely leave the incubator on till at least Day 25.

3. Ikan Ikan

Ikan Ikan Out Of The Brooder

Dec 13, 2012
    Hi There,
    Please see below info
    What kind of incubator do you have?
    R-Com Pro 20
    Can you re-set it to have it stay on? Not sure if I can or not. Because when you start it again if with rotate the eggs again and that ids not what I want as it will break the legs or feer of the new born.
    How old are the chicks that have hatched? I have 11 so far out of the 20. May have another hatch today.

Cheers
    Kim

4. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    I might be wrong but cant you just set it to manual mode you would have to adjust the temp and humidity your self and turn the turner off. But at least it would take away the incubation time that was preset and you could control it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by