1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Chickens Are Sick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Jessicalynn927, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Jessicalynn927

Jessicalynn927 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2011
    Adair County, Kentucky
    I have 10 mixed hens that are a cross between a road island red and a white breed im not sure of. Five are laying and the other five are younger hens and are not laying yet. I also have a rooster thats road island red and a plymouth rock rooster and I have some royal palm turkeys. They have been coughing and sneezing for the past few days and my female turkey has been sicker then the rest she has snot coming out of her nose. I bought some durmaycin-10 but when I was reading the directions it said not to use in egg laying hens. Im confused now because I dont know what to give them. What should I use?

2. Spinster_Sister

Spinster_Sister Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2009
    Hawthorne, CA
    what color are the turkey's poops? I would isolate the turkey from the chickens asap!

Thanks to Dawg56 for the link: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

3. laceynoelle

laceynoelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    You can use it, you jsut cant eat the eggs for a while.

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I would give them all Denegard in their drinking water. Very good product that works quickly.

5. Jessicalynn927

Sep 13, 2011
    Adair County, Kentucky
    If i give it to them how long should I not eat the eggs? The turkeys poop is normal color but you can clearly see the snot coming out her nose and it looks a dark color and you can hear a raspy sound when they breath

6. Jessicalynn927

Sep 13, 2011
    Adair County, Kentucky
    Also I saw my hen turkey vomit this clear thick liquid today

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by