My chickens are sneezing. What now?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by gumpsgirl, Apr 27, 2008.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I just went out to try and get the chickens back into the coop for the night and I was watching them while they were in the run. One of my hens walked up to me, then shook her head and sneezed. I looked at the others and they are all doing the same thing. Is this something I need to be worried about? [​IMG] They've never done this before.

I forgot to add that they are 6 wks. old. Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  2. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Don't worry, they'll do that if something gets in their nostrils, especially if they've been scratching around and raising up dirt. Ours do it all the time. But if they do it constantly, they might be sick...

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Thanks Envirogirl11! They have actually been better today. I just freaked out when I first heard them doing sneezing last night!!! I tend to over worry. I guess it's because I love my chickens. [​IMG] I've been watching them today and packed my roo, Bob around and haven't noticed anyone sneezing, so it must have been the dirt or something. The pollen has been really thick here too. I don't know if that bothers chickens at all, but it was a thought!!! Thanks again! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by