My chickens are SO loud!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by StarLover21, Mar 3, 2012.

1. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    Well, just the two black stars. They're alwasy walking around screaming at the top of their lungs! They won't be quiet!!!! I'm SURE the neighbors will complain after long. Is there any way we can get them to be quiet?

2. KingOfThePeeps

KingOfThePeeps Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2012
    Noise level was one of my concerns too. I just built my first pen last week. I thought maybe not getting a rooster would help, but I couldn't help myself. He is quite a handsome rooster! Maybe you can trade the two black stars for something a little quieter. My EE barely makes a sound.

3. StarLover21

Oct 11, 2011
    Yeah...we don't have a rooster either- we live in the city. I don't mind the noise, but I'm afraid my neighbors do.

4. devora

devora Chillin' With My Peeps

My girls whine (I assume you're not talking about the glorious egg song!) for a few reasons.

They want out.

They want treats.

They want to lay an egg and someone else is laying in their favorite nestbox.

Might any of these apply?

5. StarLover21

Oct 11, 2011
    Yeah, they sing the egg song too, but that's not what this is. Yes, they do do it on all of those occasions! I guess it's not just my chickens...and I give them all of those things, but sometimes it takes awhile until I can get to and I just can't fix the nestbox problem :)

6. devora

devora Chillin' With My Peeps

Same w/ me. It's only a bit of the day so I live w/ it.

Cheers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by