My chickens are spoiled

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Moabite, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    I've given them yogurt, pulp from juicer, apple peels, pumpkins, bananas and they just look at like it is poison. The brave one, Stormy, will test things first and if she wipes her beak, the others walk away. I avoid giving anything moldy, or rancid, but they don't trust me.

They love meat, bugs, spaghetti, corn bread, fish, dog food ([​IMG] they bully the dogs out of the way), watermelon, cabbage, lettuce and have finally developed a taste for BOSS.

2. phaethona

phaethona Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Missouri
    I love spoiling mine too. [​IMG] It's unusual if a day goes by that I don't end up cooking for them, especially hot oatmeal on cold days/nights.

I don't know what it is about spaghetti, but it's definitely a favorite [​IMG] and there's nothing funnier than a yogurt food fight or a game of grape keep-away! [​IMG]

3. 2DogsFarm

2DogsFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    What's your point? [​IMG]

I have a Spoiled Rotten Flock & am working on spoiling my latest 2 additions - already they've learned the sound of the scratch bucket & come running.

I haven't tried spagehtti yet.
    My horses LOVE dry pasta but I'd cook it for the chickens, right?

If you really want to watch some hens run - and they sure run funny - try giving them raisins.
    Raisins are Chicken Crack [​IMG]

4. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    Ours ate leftover rice and salad from the Mexican tonight!!

5. GoldenCometLover

GoldenCometLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2010
    Freeville, NY
    Holy spoiled for sure at my place....My girls definitely love spaghetti [​IMG] and they have even had some leftover meatloaf - which they loved when as long as heated it up a little [​IMG]

They get either plain yogurt or cottage cheese with raisins or grapes, with oatmeal, flax seed and spinach everyday...sometimes an extra banana...

I am sooo whipped....

6. Chickenmenagerie

Chickenmenagerie Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2010
    Central Florida
    They can't even wait for me to get out the door -

[​IMG]

7. SuziQ991

SuziQ991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    Quote:So so cute!!!