My Chickens are SQUATTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by OC Chick, Mar 22, 2017.

1. OC Chick

OC Chick Out Of The Brooder

I'm so excited! My girls are SQUATTING! Yesterday one of my Easter Eggers (Petunia - 24 weeks old) squatted for me and clucked complainingly all day long (poor thing - cramps?). Today she won't fly on top of the gate, makes me open the door and does a funny "hop" over, and has been squatting a lot. Another Easter Egger (Violet - 24 weeks old) squatted for me and one of my Australorps (Lavender - 23 weeks old) also squatted for me today. Lavender has been keeping to herself a lot today and has not run over for treats the last 3 days. How soon after your girls started squatting did they lay?

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Most squat from 1-4 weeks before, and many become quite vocal, walking around bawking. I would expect eggs soon.

3. OC Chick

Yay!!!!! I'm so excited!!! Thank you!

4. OC Chick

[​IMG] This just happened! My EE Petunia just laid her first egg! A little sad it's not blue or green, but I'm excited to finally get eggs!!!

5. Emojikitten

Emojikitten Just Hatched

Mar 26, 2017
    Congrats! My chicks have just a little more time. They aren't even fully feathered.

6. Emojikitten

Emojikitten Just Hatched

Mar 26, 2017

Two months maybe

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by