My Chickens are Superstars!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by musicsmysoul, Dec 4, 2009.

1. musicsmysoul

musicsmysoul New Egg

Dec 4, 2009
    MA
    Hi guys,

I'm new to this site but have been lurking for a while. Such a great community!

I have 8 chickens of my own, who have been quite the little superstars (and divas might I add!).

My boyfriend is an aspiring jingle writer who has won several national contests. His latest entry for Wonderful Pistachios, features our beautiful chicks! I firmly believe he made the top 10 out of 650 videos because of them!

If you'd like to take a look at the fun video, please go to: http://www.getcrackin.com/contest/

Click on the "Vote" tab , select the "farmers get crackin" video, and then click the thumbs up if you like it.

Fun facts about the film stars (chickens):
    They are 1 1/2 Years old.
    They are free range.
    Live in North Central Massachusetts.
    There are 2 Reds, 2 White Leghorns and 4 Blue Andalusians.
    Their 3-level coop was home built & uses a recycled window from an old house for the front.
    They are all natural - only fed natural layer pellets, filtered well water and anything they find when scratching around the yard.
    They were bought by mail order from McMurray Hatchery
    They supply friends & family with dozens upon dozens of great tasting farm fresh eggs.
    They are camera shy but full of personality.

Thanks guys and nice to meet you!!

Heather

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Sorry but your link is not working....I would love to see the video though

3. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
  4. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    [​IMG] Great video [​IMG] i voted for you!! [​IMG]

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    [​IMG] got my vote

6. musicsmysoul

musicsmysoul New Egg

Dec 4, 2009
    MA
    Aw, thanks guys, you're awesome!!

Sorry the link didn't work. I fixed it. Did you vote on this page? This is where it counts.

http://www.getcrackin.com/contest/

Click on the "Vote" tab , select the "farmers get crackin" video, and then click the thumbs up if you like it.

7. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    [​IMG] That's a great video! My kids are especially [​IMG] and [​IMG] and keep clucking the tune out loud, punctuated by screeching, chicken-like, "Get craaakin!"

But I'm not sure if I did enough to make my vote count. I went to the site, clicked to start your video, and clicked on the thumbs up. Is that all I need to do to log my vote? Because it seems I can do it again & again, not just once per day. Please let me know if I did it right. We need to get this tune embedded in everyone's head all across America!

[​IMG] GET CRAAAAKKINN!!!! [​IMG]

8. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    That's funny!!! [​IMG] Very creative, I hope he wins!

9. musicsmysoul

musicsmysoul New Egg

Dec 4, 2009
    MA
    Quote:Thanks for the kind words!!!! That means so much to us. [​IMG] The tune does get stuck in your head! Please send to your chick lovin' friends so that we can get our pets on tv! hehe [​IMG]

You voted correctly but sadly, it only counts once per day until Dec 16th.

GET CRACKIN!

10. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    I linked it on my Facebook page. hopefully that gets you some more votes [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by