My chickens are trying to put me in therapy.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Uzuri, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    First: Hi everyone; I haven't been around much lately!

I realized I was getting some odd looks this morning when I was gesturing -- don't blame me, I'm half Italian, and I sure perpetuate the stereotype when I get going. Anyway, a few minutes ago, I realized why: a rather ugly red gash right across the inside of my left wrist. You don't see it normally, but when I'm waving around trying to get a point across it sure shows.

No people, this doesn't mean I'm trying to kill myself. It means I have a young Golden Buff who thinks she's a falcon and I don't own a gauntlet.

But I think now I may trim her toenails...

2. zumzumfoxy

zumzumfoxy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    Hahaha, I've got scratches all over my arms from my girls using me as a launching pad (and a few from my old roo)! We sometimes have to trim our girls' nails too, a bit. [​IMG] I got an old claw mark down my face as well from when my favorite girl slid off my head and down my face!

You Know You Love Chickens When...

3. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I get plenty of marks from my chickens, particularly my nippy rooster. A mark on the wrist does take a little extra explaining to those who notice [​IMG]

4. jeepchick

jeepchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Loudon, New Hampshire
    Yep they do take a little explaining sometimes.....my aunt asked me if i was a "cutter" when I showed up with 3 bandaids covering rooster scratches on my arm. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  5. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    See, normally I don't let them perch on me, but for some reason this year's batch of young 'uns like to roll out of the holding position (one arm wrapped around the wings with both feet held in that hand) and onto my wrist when I try to release them. Then, no matter how much they were struggling to get away when I was holding them, they want to STAY there.

Silly chickens. Silly me. I guess I just need to buy stock in disinfectant companies XD

6. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    oh gosh, my arms are always scratched up, too, looks like I got caught in a blackberry bramble.

7. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I know you get the strangest looks. [​IMG] And then you go to the doctor with cuts, scratches, and bruises. And they look at you like what the heck? And than you try and explain chicken wire, hardware cloth, chickens, guinea's and goats. The look than is priceless. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. LoveNewChicks

LoveNewChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2011
    I don't know,
    My Coop
    my pullet is so tame she climbs up my arm and one time i was not wearing sleeves........

9. peepacheep

peepacheep Chillin' With My Peeps

So true, terrihb, so true! I get strange looks for the scratches, then stranger looks for the explanation. [​IMG]

10. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Yup, my explanation to my parents usually starts off with "Well I didn't get Doug's treats to him soon enough....." But my scratches are on my legs so it looks like I really don't know how to use a razor [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by