my chickens (BIG PIC WARNING)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Bawkadoodledoo, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    [​IMG]

The buff rooster with it's butt pointed away from us was named Becker and is no longer with us.

2. flyboy11

flyboy11 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    West Virginia
    Awsome chickens. But sorry to hear about your rooster. [​IMG]

3. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Pretty flock! Love all the colors! Sorry about your loss on the roo, he was handsome.

4. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    That is a nice flock. I had to double-take, as at first I thought the silkie was a patch of snow!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  5. Bawkadoodledoo

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    hey' don't feel sorry

we got rid of all the roos in that pic except one of the silkie roos and the buff roo with his butt in your face. His name is Barley and he's very large now. [​IMG]

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Great, happy looking chickens! Thanks for sharing! [​IMG] Sorry about your roo Becker though. [​IMG]

7. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    The black one in the back is awesome looking! It's comb is so big and bright red! Very nice.

8. Bawkadoodledoo

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    thanks Chickaroo that's one of the roosters that we got rid of. His name was Mr. Hackles and all of them tortured the little buff hen you see at the very top right of the pic. Mr. Hackles was a Minorca Rooster as were 2 of his brothers. we got 5 of each breed and ended up with more roos than girls. It was sad because we had to cage the roosters up so the hens didn't get harassed while they freeranged. When we got rid of them becaule they did damage through the skin of my hen Bonnie I didn't feel sad at all, i felt sad about the loss of my little silkie Snowball a while before that.

9. Bawkadoodledoo

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    the black one in the very middle i think is a sumatra look in the breeds genders sectien

10. Bawkadoodledoo

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    okay he's a sumatr pretty sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by