1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my chickens chased away....a heron

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mom'sfolly, May 22, 2007.

1. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    This morning at breakfast time, a small heron landed in the yard. I have a 4' X 6' pond right off my patio and the sound of running water must have attracted it. It was just standing in the grass, when the free-ranging girls spotted it. Boss Chick had to investigate. That red hen running full bore at it was just too much. [​IMG] Bye-bye heron. I was too slow with the camera:( but now I have to give the girls credit for saving the goldfish! Boy, was that heron pretty though.
    Karen

2. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Forget the camera...where's the camcorder? I bet that was priceless! I could imagine the scene. Way to funny. [​IMG]

3. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    mom'sfolly :

This morning at breakfast time, a small heron landed in the yard. I have a 4' X 6' pond right off my patio and the sound of running water must have attracted it. It was just standing in the grass, when the free-ranging girls spotted it. Boss Chick had to investigate. That red hen running full bore at it was just too much. [​IMG] Bye-bye heron. I was too slow with the camera:( but now I have to give the girls credit for saving the goldfish! Boy, was that heron pretty though.
    Karen

That is good your chickens chased it away probably a territorial issue but none the less that heron sure would of depleted your goldfish in the pond.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by